August 9, 2017

Shine Like The Stars! {CTD455}

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!

It’s time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge, and this week, I am the hostess! I have chosen a color combo of white, aqua, light pink and lavender! I would LOVE it if you played along with us!

Print

I am TOTALLY and COMPLETELY in love and obsessed with the FABULOUS new Written In The Stars set and Shining Stars Die-namics. IN.LOVE. You may have noticed that I am also a tad obsessed with creating Distress Ink Backgrounds and Distress Oxide Ink Backgrounds. I cannot stop.

I started with a panel of Smooth White Card Stock cut with Blueprints 1 Die-namics, and I sponged on Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink, Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Ink and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink. These colors were VERY bright and bold, so I then sponged Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink all over the panel and then spritzed it with water (that's what makes the magic happen!) and some shimmer mist. The Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink TOTALLY softened the bright colors to create a more pastel look. Another reason to LOVE Distress Oxide Inks!

I cut “stars” four times from Smooth White Card Stock using the Shining Stars Die-namics and then layered them together. I then coated it with a Clear Wink of Stella Brush Marker and attached it to the card. I cut a strip of Wild Wisteria Prestige Card Stock and stamped “SHINE LIKE THE” from Written In The Stars using Versamark Ink and then heat embossed it with White Detail Embossing Powder. I added a trio of stars, cut from Silver Sparkle Card Stock using the Shining Stars Die-namics, to finish off the card!

Print

swatch455

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Lisa Henke

Lori Tecler

Lynn Put

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Amy Rysavy

Amy Rohl

Sheri Gilson, this month’s AMAZING Guest Designer!

LucieG, this week’s Guest Star Stamper!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

cupsignature

4 comments:

  1. Seriously love love love this. I am so in love with Distress Oxides right now too but the technique of adding the antique linen on top is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the Distress Oxide! Great sample for the color challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute starry background! Love how you used the inspiration colors...can't wait to get my hands on more Distress Oxide pads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!